The Fluke 8520 is a
reliable 5 1/2 digit bench multimeter with the following features:
- Basic DC accuracy of 0.005%.
- Extensive self-test.
- Highly visible vacuum fluorescent display.
- Closed case calibration with the constants stored in EEPROM, so
batteries are not needed.
This meter will measure:
- DC voltage in 5 ranges to 1500 VDC.
- AC voltage in 5 ranges to 1000 VAC.
- Sine wave 20 Hz to 100 KHz.
- Nonsinusoidal 45 Hz to 50 KHz.
- DC current in 1 range up to 2 A.
- AC current in 1 range up to 2 A.
- 2 and 4 wire resistance in 6 ranges to 20 megaohms.
- Measurement rate up to 100 measurements per second.
- Selectable as fast, slow or medium rate.
- 0 to 50 degrees C operating temperature range.
- Front or rear inputs.
- Current measurements are not available through the rear
- Versatile triggering modes.
- Internal triggering.
- External triggering through rear input.
- Triggering through IEEE interface.
- A measurement complete (TTL level) output for syncing to
- Remote control through the IEEE interface.
- Drivers are available for National Instruments Labwindows and
- Functions that scan for GPIB instruments will not work with
this meter. The command to do this was not introduced until the
IEEE 488.2 standard was released. Labwindows and Labveiw will
still work, but the IEEE address will have to be set.